New England Mulling Spices
4 oz (110 g)
New England Mulling Spice is a popular spice mix used to simmer in apple cider or red wine, but it can also be enjoyed year-round as a cinnamon spice tea. Our traditional mulling spices contain NO SUGAR or artificial flavors. The spices are packed in a loose form, so that you may mull the spices the old fashioned way - alterning the quantity you wish to steep per batch. Great for making large batches of mulled wine or cider. Try these delicious blends:
- Heat apple cider or red wine, add a spoonful of the mulling spices and simmer over low heat. Remove or drain spices from the drink and fashion with a dash of cinnamon or orange peel.
- For a simple winter tea, just add a spoonful of our mulling spices to one liter of hot water (a tea pot that serves about 4 cups). We have found Mulling Spice prepared in this way serves a reliable comfort tea for sore throats, too.
- Some use it as the flavoring spice with maple syrup or honey when basting and slow-roasting ham, turkey or chicken.
Makes at least 8 quarts of tea, enough to steep several gallons of wine or cider. The spices come packed loose so that you may steep the quantity you wish.
• all natural
• no sugar added
• packed loose to make selecting the quantity easier for steeping directly or in a tea strainer
• old fashioned, rough cut spices for steeping directly in hot cider or wine
• use to make delicious mulled wine, mulled cider, or a winter spice tea
herbs and spices
• No artificial flavors
• No preservatives
• No MSG
• Packaged in biodegradable box made from recycled paperboard
• Made in the U.S.A.